Minimally Invasive Face and Neck Contouring in Atlanta, GA
Age, genetics, hormonal shifts, and weight changes can contribute to facial volume loss and sagging of the facial and neck tissues, with early aging changes apparent in our late 20s and 30s. Decreasing tissue elasticity and volume loss results in jowls, heaviness along the jawline, and loose skin and tissues in the neck. More of our patients desire minimally invasive and non-surgical treatment options, wanting to avoid the invasiveness, downtime, and scars of surgery. Statistics show that non-surgical treatments such as the fat-melting injectable medication Kybella and laser tissue tightening have soared in popularity over the last 5 years. While our facial plastic surgeon Dr. Fishman excels at surgical facial rejuvenation, she also achieves excellent results with minimally invasive face, neck, and tissue contouring options via treatments such as Embrace RF, FaceTite, and AccuTite. These treatments help Dr. Fishman treat a wide variety of patients, achieve significant and rejuvenating aesthetic results, and avoid the scars and downtime of surgery.
Benefits Of Minimally Invasive Face and Neck Contouring
- Minimally invasive tissue tightening procedures for face and neck contouring provide excellent rejuvenative benefits without the downtime or invasiveness of surgery.
- Minimally invasive procedures such as Embrace RF, FaceTite, and AccuTite can melt excess fat, tighten skin, and improve skin texture and the appearance of acne cellulite and stretchmarks.
- Minimally invasive face and neck contouring can improve one’s self-confidence.
Candidates For Embrace RF, FaceTite, and AccuTite
Dr. Fishman’s experience and artistic vision allow her to approach every individual’s face with a unique understanding of anatomy, function, appearance, and the important balance between these, which is essential in the aesthetic field. Every person is unique, and every face is unique as well. With every patient and every treatment, Dr. Fishman carefully selects and tailors the best procedure option for every individual.
A good candidate for minimally invasive face and neck contouring procedures such as Embrace RF, FaceTite, and AccuTite neck lift surgery has moderate-pronounced signs of neck aging, and has realistic expectations of aesthetic treatments. Good candidates for face and neck contouring treatments should be in good physical and mental health, and avoid the use of nicotine.
Minimally Invasive Face and Neck Contouring: Treatment Details
Most commonly, minimally invasive face and neck contouring procedures such as Embrace RF, FaceTite, and AccuTite are performed in our office, with the help of laughing gas (also known as ProNox) and injectable numbing or freezing medications. Dr. Fishman treats the tissues of the forehead and brow, upper and lower eyelids, smile lines, jowls, and the neck with the radiofrequency tissue tightening treatments of FaceTite and AccuTite. She sometimes adds lipocontouring or liposuction to remove excess fat during the same treatment. The combination of FaceTite or AccuTite, liposuction, and microneedling with radiofrequency (called Morpheus 8) is called Embrace RF, and best addresses jowls, the contours of the lower face and jaw, and neck in patients not ready or interested in surgical rejuvenation.
Dr. Fishman sometimes performs Embrace RF, FaceTite, and AccuTite treatments with other procedures such as blepharoplasty (eyelid lifts), chemical peels, or lip lifting. Depending on other procedures, minimally invasive tissue contouring procedures may be performed in the operating room, with the help of general anesthesia.
- Expect a compressive dressing around the face and under the chin; this stays on overnight and is replaced with a lighter compressive chin strap the morning after treatment; Dr. Fishman encourages patients to wear the chin strap as much as possible the first few days and nightly for 2 weeks after treatment.
- Know that most swelling is resolved after the first 2 weeks, though the face continues to heal both inside and outside for several months after treatment.
- Keep your head elevated on 2-3 pillows for at least 4 nights.
- Apply cold compresses to the cheeks, face, and neck.
- Manage post-treatment discomfort with oral medications.
- Expect to return to work and social activities in 4-7 days after treatment.
- Resume walking the day of treatment. Restrict strenuous exercise and heavy lifting for 2 weeks after treatment.
- Avoid out-of-town travel for 2 weeks after treatment.
Frequently Asked Questions
The duration of treatment depends on the complexity of the case and the need for associated procedures. Dr. Fishman usually completes an Embrace RF treatment over the course of 3+ hours, while she takes less than an hour to do a simple FaceTite or AccuTite treatment.
These treatments are minimally invasive allowing patients to tighten and contour their face and neck, without the concern of a large scar or scar tissue. Still, all incisions leave scars, and scars do not disappear (though they flatten and lose their initial redness with time). Dr. Fishman carefully hides her incisions for face and neck treatments in the natural creases between the face and ear, in hair-bearing skin, and in the natural crease under the chin. These scars are difficult to notice once healed.
Most patients complain of a sore or a bruised sensation after treatment, and frequently report muscle tightness within the neck muscles. As the treatments are minimally invasive, recovery time is very short. In fact, symptoms typically resolve over several days-weeks and most patients can return to normal activities within a few days. Strong oral pain medication is frequently employed for the first 1-4 days after surgery, and cold compresses are helpful to ease discomfort.
Results generally last three to five years on average. However, this can vary based on genetics, health, and environmental factors. While these procedures can help to slow the aging process, they cannot stop it. To best preserve results, patients should avoid weight fluctuations, reduce UV exposure using sunscreen, and keep skin moisturized with an at home skin care regimen.
Insurance companies typically do not cover cosmetic or aesthetic procedures; our practice offers financing for these treatments. Please inquire about financing after your consult with Dr. Fishman.