Cheek Lift in Sandy Springs and Atlanta, GA
Age, genetics, and sometimes pronounced weight loss may lead to facial volume loss and sagging of the facial tissues. This results in deepening of smile lines (or nasolabial folds) and jowls, creating the appearance of an aged and drooping face. Dr. Fishman performs surgical face and neck lifting to rejuvenate the facial features, reposition drooping facial structures, and get rid of excess skin.
Benefits Of Cheek And Face Lifting
- Cheek and face lifting can improve the facial contours and restore a more youthful appearance and outline to the face.
- Cheek and face lifting can get rid of jowls and reposition drooping facial tissues.
- Cheek and face lifting can improve one’s self-confidence.
Candidates For Cheek And Facelifts
Dr. Fishman’s experience and artistic vision allow her to approach every individual’s face with a unique understanding of anatomy, function, appearance, and the marriage between these so important in facial surgery. Every person is unique, and every face is unique as well.
A good candidate for cheek and facelifting surgery has moderate-pronounced signs of facial aging, and has realistic expectations of aesthetic surgery. Good candidates for face lifting surgery should be in good physical and mental health, and avoid the use of nicotine.
Cheek And Face Lift Surgery: Treatment Details
Dr. Fishman performs cheek and facelifting in the operating room, usually under general anesthesia. She carefully hides the facelift incisions in the natural creases between the face and ears, and uses these incisions to reposition the facial muscles and soft tissues, subsequently removing excess skin. Dr. Fishman frequently combines facelifting surgery with neck lifting, eyelid lifts, neck liposuction, skin resurfacing, and other procedures. Call the team at Aviva Plastic Surgery today to learn more.
- Expect a compressive dressing on the face and under the chin; this stays on overnight and is replaced with a lighter compressive chin strap the morning after surgery; Dr. Fishman encourages patients to wear the chin strap as much as possible the first week after surgery.
- Know that most swelling is resolved after the first 2 weeks, though the face continues to heal both inside and outside for several months after surgery.
- Keep your head elevated on 2-3 pillows.
- Apply cold compresses to the cheeks, face, and neck.
- Manage post-surgery discomfort with oral medications.
- Expect to return to work and social activities in 7-10 days after surgery.
- Resume walking the day of surgery. Restrict strenuous exercise and heavy lifting for 4 weeks after surgery.
- Avoid out-of-town travel for 2 weeks after surgery.
Frequently Asked Questions
This depends on the complexity of the case and the need for associated procedures. Dr. Fishman usually completes face lifting surgeries in 2-3 hours, with more complex cases requiring 4 hours.
All incisions leave scars, and scars do not disappear (though they flatten and lose their initial redness with time). Dr. Fishman carefully hides her incisions for face lifting surgery in the natural creases between the face and ear, in hair-bearing skin, and in the natural crease under the chin. These scars are difficult to notice once healed.
Most patients complain of a sore or a bruised sensation after facial surgery, and frequently report muscle tightness within the cheek or chewing muscles. These symptoms resolve over several days – weeks after surgery. Strong oral pain medication is frequently employed for the first 1-4 days after surgery, and cold compresses are helpful to ease discomfort.
Dr. Fishman performs revision facelifting both for her own patients and those having undergone surgery elsewhere. Revision facelifting, or surgery to correct or improve the results of previous facial surgery, requires great surgical skill and extensive experience; Dr. Fishman is a Facial Plastic and Reconstructive surgeon trained in Ear, Nose, and Throat–Head and Neck Surgery, and her experience allows her to take on some of the most challenging revision cases.
Insurance companies typically do not cover cosmetic or aesthetic surgeries; our practice offers financing for these procedures. Please inquire about financing after your consult with Dr. Fishman.