Facial Implants in Sandy Springs and Atlanta, GA
Facial Implant Advantages
- Rejuvenate and restore volume to the cheeks and chin
- Offer a minimally invasive and short surgical procedure
- Create long-lasting and natural-looking results
Are Facial Implants Right For You?
If you desire to restore facial contours lost over time or not in your genetics, you may be a good candidate for facial implants. After a thorough exam of your anatomy and your aesthetic goals, Dr. Fishman will determine if facial implants are the right choice for you. She then creates an individualized treatment plan customized to your needs. You must be in good health and have realistic expectations and goals of treatment.
Facial Implants Surgery: Treatment Details
Using the latest techniques, Dr. Fishman performs facial implant surgery with small incisions, allowing for precise implant placement and decreased bruising and swelling.
Dr. Fishman places cheek implants through a small incision under the upper lip and inside the mouth. Frequently, this procedure is performed alongside a cheek lift or a lip lift. Cheek implants restore volume and bring a beautiful contour to the cheeks. When performed by itself, cheek implant surgery takes about 1 hour.
Dr. Fishman places chin implants via a small incision at the lower lip and inside the mouth. This surgery takes between 45 to 60 minutes and is often combined with liposuction or a necklift to restore definition to the jawline. Chin implants correct weak, underprojected chins.
- The operated areas will feel swollen and numb.
- Most patients complain of soreness rather than pain.
- Incision sites may be sore and swollen for several days.
- You may have a facial dressing, which should remain undisturbed until Dr. Fishman removes it.
- You will be encouraged to sleep with your head elevated for several weeks.
- Dr. Fishman may recommend soft, cool compresses.
- Dr. Fishman will prescribe oral medication to control discomfort after surgery.
- Plan on a soft diet for the first week, as chewing and wide mouth opening may disturb your incisions.
- Your body will require time to heal, and your ultimate result may not be apparent until several weeks after surgery.
Frequently Asked Questions
Dr. Fishman employs local anesthesia with sedation or general anesthesia for facial implant surgery. After your consult, she will recommend the type of anesthesia best for you.
Dr. Fishman tailors each procedure to every patient, taking into account the many nuances of facial anatomy and physiology among us. When performed alone, implant surgery takes between 45 and 60 minutes.
The best candidates are men and women in good health and who have mature, realistic aesthetic goals and expectations.
Dr. Fishman performs most facial implant surgery through intraoral, or inside-the-mouth, incisions. Using precise dissection and cutting edge techniques, she strives for scars that are camouflaged and difficult to see.
Every surgery carries some discomfort, but Dr. Fishman’s patients mostly describe a sore or bruised sensation. After surgery, you will have swelling and tightness, which resolve over a few days. Some numbness may linger for several weeks, but this too resolves.
Some results of facial implant surgery are visible immediately, though these may be obscured by dressings and swelling. As swelling and bruising resolve over several weeks after surgery, your final results will become apparent.
Swelling, soreness, bruising, and numbness are normal and expected after facial implant surgery. Dr. Fishman will instruct you to keep your head elevated, and use cool compresses and oral pain medication to manage soreness and speed healing. These symptoms decrease daily and usually resolve within several weeks after surgery.
No. Insurance does not cover these elective aesthetic procedures. We offer financing to cover the cost of treatment, and will happily provide you with financing information in our business office.